Cabal-install bug

wren ng thornton wren at freegeek.org
Mon Feb 6 00:19:58 CET 2012

Hello all,

The cabal/cabal-install bug tracker seems to be down, so I'm not sure if
this is a known issue or not... When playing around with JHC earlier I
ran into the following errors:

     $> cabal --version
     cabal-install version 0.10.2
     using version 1.10.2.0 of the Cabal library

     $> cabal install --dry-run --jhc --verbose base
     Reading available packages...
     Resolving dependencies...
     cabal: internal error: impossible

     $> cabal install --dry-run --ghc --verbose base
     Reading available packages...
     Resolving dependencies...
     cabal: Distribution/Client/Dependency/TopDown.hs:171:37-73:
         Non-exhaustive patterns in lambda

     $> cabal install --dry-run --verbose base
     Reading available packages...
     Resolving dependencies...
     cabal: Distribution/Client/Dependency/TopDown.hs:171:37-73:
         Non-exhaustive patterns in lambda

I've seen that problem before, though I can't recall where off-hand.
Anyone know if this (a) has been reported, (b) has been fixed?

--
Live well,
~wren