Maximum and Minimum monoids

Conal Elliott conal at
Sun Dec 30 04:28:02 CET 2012

I kicked off a discussion 5 years ago (according to trac) and suggested the
Bounded solution. I still miss these instances and find myself redefining
them. It bothers me, however that the Bounded constraint is unnecessarily
restrictive. We only need UpperBounded for Min and LowerBounded for Max.

-- Conal