Data.IntMap.Strict.findWithDefault is too strict

Andreas Abel andreas.abel at
Fri Dec 14 11:19:56 CET 2012

On 13.12.12 5:48 PM, Johan Tibell wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 8:13 AM, Andreas Abel <andreas.abel at> wrote:
>> Key and value arguments are evaluated to WHNF
> For consistency. The API is modeled as if we had call-by-value.

"For consistency" is monolithic statement.  Maybe there are items in
this bundle that do not need to be there.

Which theorem breaks if you make the default argument in findWithDefault

Which programs segfault then which did not segfault with an eager
treatment of the default argument?

Oettingenstr. 67, D-80538 Munich, GERMANY

andreas.abel at