Data.IntMap.Strict.findWithDefault is too strict

Daniel Peebles pumpkingod at
Fri Dec 14 04:11:57 CET 2012

Even a strict language like scala uses call-by-name arguments for the
counterpart to this function in its collections library. It seems to be
overstepping the mandate of being a "strict map library" to try to pretend
that Haskell is a strict language.