Add binary and/or cereal to the Haskell Platform

Trevor Elliott trevor at galois.com
Wed Aug 22 22:53:57 CEST 2012

This was the motivation for the initial work on cereal.  I'd be happy
to see cereal make it into the HP, and I do believe that it provides a
different feature set than binary, but I worry that it's reaching
feature parity with attoparsec.  I'm not sure what to do in the long
run for this, as the two are used in fairly different ways.  Maybe
cereal could eventually become some sort of presentation of attoparsec
and one of the builder packages?

--trevor