System.Process.ByteString.readProcess, readProcessWithExitCode

David Lazar lazar6 at
Sun Aug 12 22:53:10 CEST 2012

David Fox <dsf <at>> writes:

> Attached is a module containing ByteString analogs of two functions from
> System.Process: readProcess and readProcessWithExitCode.  I use these a lot
> and would love to see them incorporated into a standard library, though I'm
> not sure which one.

I have the process-extras library on Hackage which contains
readProcessWithExitCode variants for ByteString and Text.

I'd be happy to apply patches which add readProcess and make other
improvements :-).