System.Process.ByteString.readProcess, readProcessWithExitCode

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at
Fri Aug 10 09:01:25 CEST 2012

On 9 August 2012 20:33, David Fox <dsf at> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 9:28 AM, David Fox <dsf at> wrote:
>> Attached is a module containing ByteString analogs of two functions from
>> System.Process: readProcess and readProcessWithExitCode.  I use these a lot
>> and would love to see them incorporated into a standard library, though I'm
>> not sure which one.
> Sorry, didn't know attachments were excluded.  The two functions are
> available in the Unixutils library:

Some time ago I fixed some asynchronous exception bugs in those
functions. Take a look at the current implementation:

You might want to incorporate these changes into your library.