Should folds in containers package remain INLINE

wren ng thornton wren at
Sat Apr 28 02:29:59 CEST 2012

On 4/26/12 10:22 AM, Ryan Newton wrote:
> It doesn't seem like enough of a code size reduction to justify the change in this case.
> Is there any opportunity to attack this problem later in the compiler?  Perhaps a CSE for similar blocks of code?  I've noticed enormous reductions in size using UPX, so I know these binaries themselves are quite compressible.

I agree. The reduction doesn't seem large enough to justify a change.
Though it definitely seems like we should keep an eye out for ways of
doing CSE, or similar, in order to remove redundancies in inlining.

Live well,