Proposal: Stop enforcing single-writer-multi-reader file access

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at
Fri Oct 28 00:14:56 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 3:10 PM, Bryan O'Sullivan <bos at>wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Ian Lynagh <igloo at> wrote:
>> I propose that we remove all the automatic locking from the libraries,
>> and let the user do any locking that they wish to do themselves.
> +50

+1. In general I don't like when low-level libraries try to do too many
smart things behind my back. That normally ends up in me having to write my
own version of the library without those smarts.

-- Johan