RFC: Should Data.IntMap.Strict be value-strict in the function arguments or the map itself

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 19:28:53 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Milan Straka <fox at ucw.cz> wrote:

> I believe
>
> delete undefined Nil
>
> does not terminate with current definition, but would terminate
> if the explicit seq would not be present.

Good point.

I think option 2 is bad as it gives users no way to know which functions are
strict in their value argument without knowing the implementation or us
documenting every function with the strictness properties. We could do the
latter but the API would be simpler if we just said that all functions are
strict in their key and value arguments.

-- Johan