RFC: Should Data.IntMap.Strict be value-strict in the function arguments or the map itself

Edward Z. Yang ezyang at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 27 19:03:35 CEST 2011

I'd like to remark that the situation with keys is not /quite/ comparable.
Even if we don't need to look at the key for inserting into an empty map,
it will get forced anyway because IntMaps are spine-strict (in particular, they
are strict in their keys.)

Edward

Excerpts from Johan Tibell's message of Thu Oct 27 12:56:10 -0400 2011: