Proposal: Use time rather than old-time in directory

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Thu Oct 27 16:27:27 CEST 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 04:21:47PM -0700, Brandon Moore wrote:

> >>  But that would still leave it orphaned.
>
> Visiting one extra module (if it could even be avoided)

I'm not sure I understand the problem. As far as I can see, "instance
Show UTCTime" is in Data.Time.LocalTime.LocalTime because that module
uses UTCTime to define functions like utcToLocalTime, and thus
Data.Time.Clock.UTC can't import Data.Time.LocalTime.LocalTime. But
couldn't those functions be moved to Data.Time.Clock.UTC and the import
reversed?

Some other imports and functions may need to be changed around too. I
had a quick look, but I'm not familiar enough with the hierarchy to be
able to do this all quickly.

Thanks
Ian