old-locale

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Tue Oct 25 23:13:18 CEST 2011

I agree with all that Bas and Ashley wrote.

If Ashley agrees to put TimeLocale into D.T.F, I
withdraw my two proposals and we'll all celebrate.

We can deprecate old-locale and issue a last version
that just re-exports from D.T.F. We'll leave it in the
platform until the handful of other platform packages
using it migrate to D.T.F, then remove it from the
platform.

User code that hasn't been able to migrate by then
can still be compiled by installing old-locale from hackage.

And yes, I agree that a mechanism for deprecation
warnings via cabal would be really nice.

Thanks,
Yitz