old-locale

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 18:57:37 CEST 2011

On 25 October 2011 14:40, Yitzchak Gale <gale at sefer.org> wrote:
> I propose that we change the name of old-locale to time-locale.

+1

But what does this mean in practice? Does it mean we deprecate
old-locale in favor of a new package time-locale?

(It would be nice if cabal would emit a warning when depending on a
deprecated package, just like DEPRECATE pragmas for functions do)

What does this mean for the Haskell Platform? Do we add time-locale?
Removing old-locale is problematic since a number of packages in the
HP depend on it:

haskell98
hpc
old-time
time
cgi

But it's probably best to just update these packages to work with time
and time-locale.

> Independently of my proposal to change the name,
> I also propose that the package description and module
> haddock comment be changed to state clearly what this
> package is and is not.

+1

Regards,

Bas