Proposal: Remove Num superclass of Bits

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Mon Oct 17 09:26:32 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 15.10.2011, 17:41 -0700 schrieb John Meacham:
> I would just remove the bit and testBit defalut instances, they seem
> like reasonable primitives to be required for an instance.

I agree. Bits is certainly not something that a Haskell Beginner would
have to implement every day, but is more likely a task that requires
lots of thought and well-written code anyway. Having to implement these
two functions as well is not a large burden there.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner