problem building haskell-src

Antoine Latter aslatter at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 04:09:13 CEST 2011

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 9:01 PM, Nicholas Tung <gatoatigrado at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 7:00 PM, Antoine Latter <aslatter at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 8:40 PM, Nicholas Tung <gatoatigrado at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>>     I'm having some trouble building haskell-src. If anyone could give
>>> me any pointers, I'd appreciate it very much. The error is with an
>>> ambiguous module name,
>>>

>> Hi Nicholas,
>>
>> The haskell-src package needs to be patched to work with GHC 7.2.
>>
>> If using GHC 7.0 is an option, it should work with that.
>>
>> A similar package which does work with GHC 7.2 is haskell-src-exts:
>>
>> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/haskell-src-exts
>>
>> It has support for many haskell language extensions, so the AST types
>> are a bit more complex.
>>
>> Antoine
>>

> Hi Antoine,
>
>    I'm sorry for not specifying, I am using ghc 7.0.3

Maybe I'm miss-understanding the problem.

Here's a reference for a similar error:

But it shouldn't have been a problem until GHC 7.2.1.

If your problem is the same, editing the .cabal file to remove the
reference to haskell98 should be enough - but that can be tricky if
you're not familiar with the process.

Antoine