problem building haskell-src

Nicholas Tung gatoatigrado at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 03:40:57 CEST 2011

Hi all,

    I'm having some trouble building haskell-src. If anyone could give
me any pointers, I'd appreciate it very much. The error is with an
ambiguous module name,

gatoatigrado at hz:~> cabal install haskell-src
Resolving dependencies...
Configuring haskell-src-1.0.1.4...
Building haskell-src-1.0.1.4...
Preprocessing library haskell-src-1.0.1.4...
shift/reduce conflicts:  2
Implicit import declaration:
    Ambiguous module name `Prelude':
      it was found in multiple packages: base haskell98-2.0.0.0
haskell-src-1.0.1.4 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1

    There are some conflicts with ghc-pkg check; see output for
ghc-pkg list and ghc-pkg check here if it helps [
http://pastebin.com/HR0y6u1a ]. The error came up when I tried to
compile my own sources, but then I ran ghc-pkg hide haskell98 and it
works. (building haskell-src still fails.)

Thanks very much,
Nicholas — https://ntung.com — 4432-nstung