New libraries process

Chris Dornan chris at chrisdornan.com
Thu May 19 14:56:20 CEST 2011

Hi All,

Is there any chance that we can allow (say) the Haskell committee to have a
veto if they think a mistake with systemic consequences is about to be made.

I don't expect it to be used, but it would signal that the stability or lack
thereof of the Haskell libraries has systemic consequences for all Haskell
users and other library maintainers.

I do not want a heavyweight process, but it would be good to see some
representation of the bigger picture in this process, even if it is
generally held in reserve.

Others have a much more experience in these matters - I may be bothering
over nothing and complicating things. It is just an idea.

Chris