Proposal: Tidy up and export PSQ from base

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Mon May 2 02:26:10 CEST 2011

On Sun, May 01, 2011 at 07:58:37PM -0400, Edward Z. Yang wrote:

> Though, it seems I'm already too late to the party: GHC.Event.PSQ is
> stolen from the PSQueue Hackage package, with some modifications (I
> didn't realize this when I originally made my proposal).  So I hereby
> amend my proposal:
>
>     I propose we move PSQueue into containers, hereby putting it
>     on even ground with IntMap.  Its notability for inclusion is hereby
>     established by its use in the IO Event Manager and its projected
>     use in Hoopl.

Why merge the two libraries, rather than just adding PSQueue to the set
of bootlibs?

But either way, this won't help the IO manager use the shared code, as
it is in base. Personally I think breaking base up further is the right
solution, including pulling most of the IO code out into its own package
(you need to leavea little bit right at the bottom of the dependency
hierarchy, so that you can define things like "error"), but that's had
opposition in the past.

Thanks
Ian