Arrows that are also Functors

Tyson Whitehead twhitehead at gmail.com
Sun May 1 03:12:55 CEST 2011

On April 26, 2011 15:19:53 Edward Kmett wrote:
> The other commonly proposed mfix replacement is to define it once, as
> guided by the types, but while this works for fix and the the comonadic
> equivalent, it doesn't generate a useful mfix for recursive do either.

Hi Edward,

Thanks for your input on this.  I read the paper proposing mfix awhile back
(persumably this is Erkoek and Launchbury's one -- can't locate it right now).

I'm not sure I follow this other commonly proposal replacement your mention
above though, and googling "mfix alternative" etc isn't turning anything up.

Would you happen to have a reference/example.

Thanks!  Tyson