Stop using "Int" for microsecond delays in "base"

Edward Kmett ekmett at
Sun Mar 27 07:59:21 CEST 2011

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Bas van Dijk <v.dijk.bas at> wrote:

> Or take the one from concurrent-extra:

I'll admit the main problem that I have with the threadDelay in
concurrent-extra is the gratuitously unicode source file.

I wound up having to reimplement it inside a library of mine to avoid adding
a dependency on that extension and the unrelated dependency on stm. =(

(Technically, I implemented it directly first, then found concurrent-extra
and wasn't willing to refactor to use yours as a result of those.)

You are of course free to implement things as you see fit, but little things
like that do impact adoption.