cabal removeLink denied on Mac

Ulrich Vollert ulrivo at
Tue Mar 22 20:41:24 CET 2011

I had an older cabal in /Library/Frameworks/HaskellPlatform.framework/bin (?) and in ~/.cabal/bin:

	cabal --version
	cabal-install version 0.8.2
	using version of the Cabal library

Calling cabal started the old cabal because I had an ~/.cabal/bin on my path.

I deleted the directory /Library/Frameworks/HaskellPlatform.framework/ and ~/.cabal/bin from my path.

Now...everything is fine: calling cabal starts the actual version from /Library/Haskell/bin and I am able to install any package.

I dont understand the reason...but anyway...thank you very much.