seq/parametricity properties/free theorems and a proposal/question

Tyson Whitehead twhitehead at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 03:55:57 CET 2011

Thank you all for all the feedback on this.  I very much enjoyed the insights.

I finished up Launchbury and Pateron's "Parametricity and Unboxing with
Unpointed Types" yesterday and was quite impressed.  They seemed to offer a
particular elegant framework for dealing with a lot of these issues.

I am now reading my way through Johann and Voigtlander's "The Impact of seq on
Free Theorems-Based Program Transformations".  Someday I'll have to sit down
and read "A History of Haskell:being lazy with class" too.

Cheers!  -Tyson