Containers -- how to synchronize development and lagging repo

Milan Straka fox at
Fri Jun 10 14:11:59 CEST 2011

with the new library submission process, I think we should have
development repo for containers (maybe on github?).

Is there any standard way of dealing with lagging repos? I am not sure
if updating the lagging repo and releasing cabal packages is
responsibility of GHC HQ of the maintainers. With the new library
process, there will probably be more people affected by this issue.

BTW, we can also do the development on different branch of the repo,
or the lagging repo can be a different branch. But it sounds a bit