New libraries process

Simon Peyton-Jones simonpj at
Tue Jun 7 23:42:41 CEST 2011

Last month Simon M and I put forward a proposal to revise the process for developing the Core Haskell libraries:

There was some discussion, leading to improvements now incorporated in the draft, but I believe that there was general support; indeed no one opposed the change.

Several weeks have gone by, so I suggest that we adopt the new process forthwith.  Unless I hear otherwise I'll replace
with the new process in a day or two.

We still need volunteers to become the maintainer of
	random [though I think someone maybe did volunteer, Daniel perhaps?]

best wishes