Applicative and parsec3

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at dfki.de
Fri Jan 28 18:45:45 CET 2011

Am 28.01.2011 17:52, schrieb Edward Kmett:
> While you're hacking around on parsec a nice improvement would be to
> relax the type on the language generators in
> Text.ParserCombinators.Parsec.Language. (This one could be done without
> so drastic a change as bumping from 3 to 4):

In parsec3 this would be Text.Parsec.Language. (Text.ParserCombinators.*
is removed in parsec3.)

Furthermore, I'm no friend of the Parsec.{Token,Language} modules,
therefore I've removed them in parsec1.

I would rather see separate helper functions for lexing and comment
skipping than having them bundled as TokenParser or LanguageDef.

C.