Proposal: keep Data.Map.foldWithKey

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Fri Jan 14 21:49:48 CET 2011

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011, Christian Maeder wrote:

> Am 14.01.2011 00:26, schrieb Gregory Collins:
>> On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 8:12 PM, Christian Maeder
>> <Christian.Maeder at dfki.de> wrote:
>>> Asking for support again (or withdrawals of "no"s)
>>
>> So if the vote/discussion doesn't go as you like, you bring it up
>> again until people are too tired to argue with you anymore?
>>
>> Still no from me. My preferred resolution would be to remove
>> foldWithKey from Intmap also. And I point to this thread as an example
>> of the morass that is our current libraries process :(

> According to
> http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library_submissions
> we are in the "rare event" of "A deeply held disagreement".

I'm not sure that we are. There now seems to be agreement about the
long-term solution (add foldrWithKey etc), even if the details of the
deprecation cycle are not agreed.

So it's clear that removing the deprecation of foldWithKey just for this
release would only be a short-term measure. Gregory, are you willing to
accept it on that basis?

Cheers,

Ganesh