Proposal: Applicative => Monad: Call for consensus

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 19:42:20 CET 2011

On 2 January 2011 17:50, John Smith <voldermort at hotmail.com> wrote:

> The Haskell' process expects proposals to have already been implemented, so
> I'll propose it there after acceptance by GHC. If the patches are accepted
> for HEAD, this may be adequate for proposing towards the next Haskell
> report, so GHC and the report will only be out of sync for a minimal time.

Someone in the previous discussion (might have been me...) suggested
that the Haskell Prime committee might want a different criteria for
library changes than the one it has language extensions.

A change like this one would be particularly disruptive outside a
language revision, but a lot more tolerable as part of one.