Proposal: add forkOnIO and friends to Control.Concurrent:

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 16:31:35 CET 2011

Hi!

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 8:16 AM, Isaac Dupree
<ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org> wrote:
> I don't mind either name "forkIO" or "forkThread".

I am not sure if it is really important how we name things. Or if it
is so important that it would justify breaking backwards compliance
(and having both new and old names is really a path to chaos where (at
least) beginners will be confused by old documentation and
discrepancy).

But, to join you in this bikesheed color, I propose "igniteSpark". ;-)

Mitar