Data.HashMap: Strict or lazy by default?

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at
Fri Feb 18 03:37:43 CET 2011

Thanks for your thorough reply. Note that we can still have the actual
data type be lazy in the values and thus have a Functor instance etc.
Strictness can be added at the level of functions. Knowing that we can
have all the lazy goodies the question is: what should be the default
API in terms of strictness and what should the module layout look like
(e.g. where should we put the lazy and strict insert insertWith