Proposal: Applicative => Monad: Is there any consensus?

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 15:20:34 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 9:54 AM, Daniel Peebles <pumpkingod at gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree. Maybe since everyone agrees this needs changing, but nobody can
> agree on how, it'd be worth electing a committee of "benevolent dictators"
> that we trust to actually just get the stuff done without all the
> bikeshedding that happens if this stuff happens on the mailing list?

+1! After all, in the History of Haskell paper, one of the things credited
with moving things along was the notion of the 'syntax czar', which helped
get past bottlenecks like these at least on syntactic issues, so its not a
terribly new idea to at least grant _someone_ the authority to make these
decisions after careful consideration.

-Edward Kmett