Proposal: Applicative => Monad: Is there any consensus?

Mario Blažević mblazevic at
Thu Feb 3 20:53:05 CET 2011

On 11-02-03 08:43 AM, John Smith wrote:
> There has been much discussion on this proposal, much of it orthogonal
> to the actual patch. The discussion deadline has passed, but it is
> difficult to gauge whether consensus has been reached or not. Can we
> have a final yay or nay?
> The patch is attached to

	My impression was that there is a consensus on the proposal in the
sense that it would be good to have it done. The difficulties are in
deciding on the best (i.e., minimally disruptive) approach to its

	+1 from me, anyway. And whichever way it's introduced, I promise I'll
update all the packages I maintain.