Proposal: Applicative => Monad: Is there any consensus?

Mario Blažević mblazevic at stilo.com
Thu Feb 3 20:53:05 CET 2011

On 11-02-03 08:43 AM, John Smith wrote:
> There has been much discussion on this proposal, much of it orthogonal
> to the actual patch. The discussion deadline has passed, but it is
> difficult to gauge whether consensus has been reached or not. Can we
> have a final yay or nay?
>
> The patch is attached to http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/4834

	My impression was that there is a consensus on the proposal in the
sense that it would be good to have it done. The difficulties are in
deciding on the best (i.e., minimally disruptive) approach to its
implementation.

	+1 from me, anyway. And whichever way it's introduced, I promise I'll
update all the packages I maintain.