PROPOSAL: Export "readEither" from Text.Read

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 23:39:15 CET 2011

Hello,

when writing simple String parsers, I find implementing this function
over and over:

readEither :: Read a => String -> Either String a

I just found out that it is already defined in the module "Text.Read"
in the "base" package but, sadly, it is not exported.
Would there be any objections if:
  1. I was to export it
  2. I was to add another convenience function "readMaybe ::  Read a
=> String -> Myabe a" defined in terms of "readEither".

I can't think of any problems that this might cause and it would be
very helpful to me and my colleagues.

Discussion period: 2 weeks, so until 22 December 2011.

-Iavor