Proposal #3339: Add (+>) as a synonym for mappend

Sebastian Fischer fischer at
Mon Aug 15 09:21:44 CEST 2011

Johan wrote:

> Renaming return to pure would break lots of
> code. Adding <> doesn't have anywhere near the same implications.

Yitzchak wrote:

It looks like Johan will soon be committing a disruptive change
> that will break many packages.

What are those many packages that will break?

> Is it necessary for the semigroups
> package to change the name of <> in order to make it
> possible to fix the broken packages in a reasonable way,

Why aren't proper imports (as mentioned earlier by Johan) enough to let both
versions of <> coexist?