ANNOUNCE: yap-0.0 - yet another prelude

Sebastian Fischer fischer at
Mon Aug 15 03:00:03 CEST 2011

> I see your versions of + and * are infixr rather than infixl.
>> Is that important?
> I copied fixities from the Prelude [1] for + and * but don't know why they
> are infixl there.

Sorry, I just saw that I confused infixl and infixr in your question. In
fact, in my two Semiring modules I use different fixities. infixr in the
regexp library and infixl (copied from Prelude) in the (not yet published)
library for parallel programming. So apparently, I don't care very much ;)

Are there good arguments in favor of or against either choice?

Best regards,