Proposal #3339: Add (+>) as a synonym for mappend

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 22:26:29 CEST 2011

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 16:20, Yitzchak Gale <gale at sefer.org> wrote:

> As I type this, Edward himself has come out in favor of the
> original proposal, thus breaking all code based on his own
> package. So I guess that settles it.

He quite reasonably chose compatibility with the existing ecosystem over
dependency on a massive restructuring.  Not that that restructuring is a bad
idea, but without better language support it's simply not worth the effort.

Speaking of which, has anyone formally proposed the class/instance alias
stuff for GHC?  If so, has anyone stepped in to implement it?  Having the
tools to actually make this kind of change would be helpful.