Proposal: add Int indexing functions to Data.Set

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at
Sat Apr 30 19:52:38 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 9:08 PM, Luis Casillas <luis at> wrote:

> 2. Concern that Int-based indexing breaks the set abstraction by exposing a
> specific ordering (Trac comment by Malcolm Wallace).  My assumption when I
> decided to submit this patch was that if it's OK for Data.Map to have these
> operations, then it should also be ok for Data.Set to have them.

I agree with Malcolm on this point. The int-indexed functions on Map
shouldn't be there in the first place, so I'd be unhappy to have them
spread. Those modules already have disagreeably bloated APIs.