Proposal: add Int indexing functions to Data.Set

Luis Casillas luis at casillas.org
Fri Apr 29 08:08:48 CEST 2011

El abr 28, 2011, a las 10:42 p.m., Ivan Lazar Miljenovic escribió:

> Well, before we talk about modifications, etc.: is there a _need_ for
> this kind of indexing in a Set?

Well, to take a step back, the reasoning that led me to make this proposal is really no better than this:

1. Map already has analogues to the Set functions I'm proposing.
2. There is some good reason why Map should have those functions.
3. Whatever reason that is, it also applies to Set.
4. Ergo, Set should have these functions.

It looks to me like you disagree with (2) or (3), and you're the second person to do so (out of three who have responded so far).  If the majority of responses turn out like this, well, then the case for my proposal is just not as strong as I assumed it would be.