Relocatable libraries in windows

Jake Foell jfoell at
Fri Apr 15 17:05:06 CEST 2011

Dear haskell rascals,
In an attempt to create a relocatable repository of development tools, I
created this simple script to configure/build/install packages from
hackageDB.  This script is meant to be used in an 'msys' environment on a
windows machine.

To quote the Cabal User's Guide (sec

> A library cannot (currently) be prefix-independent, because it will be
> linked into an executable whose file system location bears no relation to
> the library package

So far, this attempt has been successful for me.  Improvements, criticism,
and other solutions are welcome.  Thanks.