Data.HashTable performance

Don Stewart dons00 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 05:37:20 CEST 2011

Actually, Data.HashTable got some good attention recently from Simon
Marlow (modifying the GC), and Johan Tibell and others looking at
containers performance in general:

   http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3058529/curious-about-the-hashtable-problem/3058559#3058559

   http://blog.johantibell.com/2011/03/video-of-my-hashing-based-containers.html

Certainly, being in IO limits the utility of a hashtable library
(since it isn't thread safe or persistent by default), but that
doesn't mean the structure gets neglected.

Johan, what's your thoughts on the status?

-- Don