Monadic version of functions for containers (adjustM, updateWithKeyM, etc)

Felipe Lessa felipe.lessa at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 10:01:56 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li> wrote:
> I don't understand why the number of functions is such an issue. To me,
> ease of use is more important.

I agree.  And I think the greatest problems with many are:

- Maintainence burden: this can be alliviated by defining manually
only the most general functions and reusing them in the library
implementation.

- Documentation: it may get harder to grok the documentation when the
number of functions grows.  Carefully using '-- ***' headers to put
similar functions together may be a good compromise.

--
Felipe.