Proposal: Significant performance improvements for Data.Map

Tyson Whitehead twhitehead at
Sat Sep 11 15:14:52 EDT 2010

On August 29, 2010 09:15:45 Don Stewart wrote:
> Proposal: Significant performance improvements for Data.Map
> Description
>    Milan Straka's recent [52] Haskell Symposium paper (PDF) shed light on
>    the containers:Data.Map library, indicating there were both algorithmic
>    and stylistic performance improvements to be made.

What about the prior discussions on this list regarding the balance invariant
not necessary being maintained during deletion?

There seemed to be a feeling that it would still work with a smaller balance
factor.  Someone had also said they were going to work out a complete proof
and post it somewhere.

I don't believe there has been any more followup though.

Cheers!  -Tyson