Haskell Platform Proposal: add the 'text' library

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Wed Sep 8 21:12:57 EDT 2010

A few more bits:

copyI describes its last parameter as
    First offset in source /not/ to copy (i.e. /not/ length)
but I think it's actually the first offset in /dest/ not to /write to/.

In Data.Text.append there's a (len1+len2) that could be just len.

This program segfaults (on 64bit; try 2^28 if on 32bit):

import Data.Text as T
main :: IO ()
main = do let s = T.replicate (2^60) (T.pack "0123456789abcdef")
          print $ T.last s
          print $ T.head s

I'm not sure how hard we're expecting ourselves to be looking for bugs
in proposed packages. More code review would be a great thing, but we'd
have to find the time to do it.

Thanks
Ian