Remove some apparerntly dead TH functions

Antoine Latter aslatter at
Thu Oct 21 20:49:08 EDT 2010

Do we know if any publicly released packages on Hackage would break from
this removal?

Not that that should be a blocker for a sensible change.

On Oct 21, 2010 3:15 AM, "Simon Peyton-Jones" <simonpj at> wrote:
> This is a library propsal. There are a handful of functions in the
template-haskell package, module Language.Haskell.TH.Lib, that are defined
in that module, but are not used, and are not exported by the main Template
Haskell interface Language.Haskell.TH.
> I propose to nuke them. I assume no one is using them (since they are not
exported by the main interface), and I'm not keen on the API of rename.
Moreover, rename becomes signficantly more compilcated with the advent of
view patterns.