Haskell Platform Proposal: add the 'text' library

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Mon Oct 4 17:34:02 EDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 04, 2010 at 01:59:55PM -0400, Johan Tibell wrote:

> I've updated the list of open issues.

Thanks!

>  1. The text-icu package is not part of this proposal, as adding it
> would make the platform depend on the ICU C library.

FWIW, I think it was me who raised that, and the answer satisfied me.

> Please be mindful of Bryan's time and try to balance the amount of
> work needed to the value of a particular API change.

As a general process point, surely we should just work out what API
changes we think should be made, and if the maintainer/developers can't
make them in time for the next HP release then the package can go into
the following one?

Thanks
Ian