Haskell Platform Proposal: HLint

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Wed Nov 17 16:47:42 EST 2010

Duncan Coutts wrote:
> So if we can have a single package with the sensible infrastructure and
> within that package have two ASTs, one for "simple" Haskell and one for
> "extended" Haskell then that seems like an ideal combination to me.

The only problem is that it will take some work to adapt
haskell-src-exts to Haskell 20nn. I spoke to Niklas about this.
He has in principle volunteered to take on the task, but
he can't start on it for a few months. And I don't think it
would be wise to make the package name changes and
end-of-life the current haskell-src until this is done.

So unless someone else can do the work, we may have
to wait until the following HP release.

Thanks,
Yitz