Haskell Platform Proposal: HLint

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Tue Nov 16 03:44:11 EST 2010

Ian Lynagh wrote:
>> In that case we presumably should have
>>     haskell98-src   (== what is now haskell-src?)
>>     haskell2010-src (doesn't currently exist?)
>>     haskell-src     (== haskell-src-exts)

Yes, that would work.

Nicolas Pouillard wrote:
> This could be different modules of the same package as well. For instance
> one might want to convert from an Haskell 98 source into an Haskell 2010 one,
> or an Haskell "With Extensions" one.

That would perhaps be better, but I think it would be more
work in two ways: first It would be necessary to unite
the packages and resolve some name-clashing issues.
Then we would be left with a larger more monolithic package
that would be harder to maintain.

But if you, or others, together with the current package
maintainers, decide to go this route, I think it would
be fine.

Thanks,
Yitzchak