Haskell Platform call for consensus: add transformers and revise the mtl package to depend on it

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 04:18:54 EST 2010

All,

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Johan Tibell <johan.tibell at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a call for consensus for the following proposal:
>
>    http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/wiki/Proposals/transformers
>
> Are there any unresolved concerns?
>
> Deadline: 2 weeks (Nov 14)

Since no blocking objections were raised, I declare this proposal accepted.

- There were several experience reports of upgrading to mtl-2. Thanks
for sharing.
- Isaac Dupree pointed out that we need to make sure there are no
unexpected transition difficulties, but didn't think it's was a
blocking concern. I think we agreed that all proposals are
conditionally accepted on actually being possible to implement.

Thanks to everyone for trying to sticking with the process. We (as in
the steering committee) will do our best to make it a bit smoother
next time around.

Johan Tibell
(with his Haskell Platform Steering Committee hat on)