Haskell Platform Proposal: HLint

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Wed Nov 10 14:56:23 EST 2010

On Sun, Nov 07, 2010 at 11:41:18PM -0500, Sterling Clover wrote:

> I would like to propose haskell-src-exts for inclusion into the
> platform [...] At a (near) future point, we could then discuss
> removing haskell-src from the platform.

(Speaking as someone entirely unfamiliar with both packages, so this may
be a crazy idea), I wonder if it might be better rename haskell-src-exts
to haskell-src and for this to just be a major version bump. After all,
nowadays more and more "extensions" are going to be part of the
language, and who would actually use haskell-src once haskell-src-exts
is part of the platform?

Thanks
Ian