Haskell Platform call for consensus: add transformers and revise the mtl package to depend on it

Mario Blažević mblazevic at stilo.com
Mon Nov 8 13:22:59 EST 2010

On 10-11-06 11:17 AM, Sebastiaan Visser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Additionally, it would be very useful to have the MaybeT monad
> transformer included into mtl-2.
>
> While migrating my packages from transformers/monads-fd to the new
> mtl, the absence of MaybeT was the only problem I came across.

	What was your reason for doing this, if I may ask? Are there plans to
deprecate transformers or monads-fd any time soon?

	I'm asking because my packages depend on transformers as well, and I
don't see any reason to replace this dependency by mtl-2. If that is the
recommended approach from now on, I can certainly do it.

> Cheers, Sebastiaan
>
> On Nov 6, 2010, at 3:26 PM, Ross Paterson wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 02:17:03PM +0100, Johan Tibell wrote:
>>> This is a call for consensus for the following proposal:
>>>
>>> http://trac.haskell.org/haskell-platform/wiki/Proposals/transformers

Are there any unresolved concerns?